Most users ever online was 19 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:08 pm
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Squib Set-up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Squib Set-up

Post by LoneWolf on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:07 am

I was just messing around with putting squibs in a map and you can hear the mini-gun but not hitting the ground,the manual said the the pitch was set at 0 they would shoot straight down but I can't see them hitting no-where any ideas why.
scratch

LoneWolf
Super Admin
Super Admin

View user profile http://lonewolfs.makeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Squib Set-up

Post by Baldo_the_Don on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Generally speaking, for reasons I have never been able to fathom, DFBHD has a weird way of dealing with rotation. You can yaw stuff, you can pitch stuff, but rolling stuff is either impossible or makes things weird. Making .cin and .end files is frustrating 'cause as far as the camera is concerned, the compass is not only counter-clockwise, but twisted 90 degress. If you make a map with no start markers, you spawn at the center of the terrain, but facing east.

Anyway, depending on whether the squib start is west or east of the squib end, the bullets fire straight down or straight up. Or maybe it was north and south? I misremember the details, but just keep in mind that I did hours of experimenting to discover those details, and it is a fact that some things in DFBHD don't know up from down, left from right, or ass from elbow.
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/BaldotheDon

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum